Boring Photos? Don't Like It?
The Lightroom Develop System
“Lightroom for Landscape Photographers”
Most Lightroom Presets are a hassle for Landscape and Cityscape photographers. They are badly organised, badly named and worst of all they don’t help you make the photos you want to make. They clutter your Lightroom workspace, you don’t know what they do until you click on them … then you find out you don’t like what they do.
How many presets have you downloaded? How many do you use? How many work for you?
So you go back online and get some more. Repeat until your partner tells you to “stop looking at that rubbish”.
Do you want your Lightroom Presets to work for you, not the other way round?
Me too, so I made this system. I hope it works as well for you as it does for me.
Here’s what you get, all totally free:
Complete Colour Grades for Landscape and Cityscape Photos
- Revolutionary White Balance Colour Overlays add colour depth to your photos through only changing the white balance!
- Hue, Saturation and Luminance Colour Grades with precise & stackable control of individual colours, including Green Foliage boosts, Streetlight boosts and Sunset Boosts.
- Unique Colour Grade Split-Toning adds a subtle effect to your photos
- Powerful RGB Tone Curves let you boost red sunsets, blue skies, city blue hours and more …
Easy Dynamic Range and HDR Effects
Powerful Photoshop Level Special Effects
The System includes:
- Over 1000 Fully Stackable presets divided into four complementary groups
- Descriptive Names so you know exactly what each preset does, before you click on it
- Does not process your photos for you – you still need your own creativity
- 62 One-Click Recipes and 11 Film Emulation Presets
- 12 Revolutionary White Balance Colour Grade Overlays
- 15 Quick Effects and Corrections Presets to get your photos where you want them faster
- 33 Quick Dynamic Range and HDR presets, with tens of detailed refinements
- Hundreds of HSL, Split-Toning and Tone Curve Colour Grades from dramatic sunsets to city streetlights, with full and detailed luminance and hue control
- The Unique Colour Visualiser to help you understand colour grading
- 44 Graduated Filters for powerful sky effects
- 38 Image Stylisations including Tilt-Shift, Light Leaks and more
- 48 Basic and Coloured Vignettes
- And, 67 Brushes including a suite of Sunset, Sky/Cloud and HDR effects
What Can the Lightroom Develop System Do?
Who is the Lightroom Develop System for?
Does Lightroom seem too complex, too confusing?
Where do you even start?
A Guided Tool to Learn Lightroom
More Experienced Photographers
Do you play around with sliders but can’t really make your photos into what you want?
Do you want new creative ideas?
A Shortcut to Develop Your Personal Style
Does it take too much time to process, edit, deliver results?
Do you wish the digital workflow was speeded up?
Simplicity and Speed in Lightroom
Why did I make this?
I’ve been taking photos with my DSLR for over 6 years now, with tens of published book covers to my name.
Over the years I have downloaded countless Lightroom presets. Some were good, some weren’t, but none lasted long term. They never gave me what I wanted: a way to develop my own style, without replacing it.
So I started making my own presets, building in the ability to stack multiple presets on top of one another, with subtle, natural effects. After much trial and error, I combined the presets into one system, the Lightroom Develop System CC, which I make freely available, because I’m nice 🙂
I hope it’s as useful to you as it is to me.